Monday, March 10, 2014

Post 14: Creativity

Creativity is the use of imagination or original ideas. Musical artist express their creativity through their music, but they also show it through their album covers. For every artist I have written about, I have posted the album next to it, but for this blog post I am going focus mainly on the album covers.
The Beatles: Misery

Bon Jovi: Slippery When Wet

Keane: Perfect Symmetry

Yeezus: Kanye West

Converge: All We Love We Leave Behind

These are only few of the many different and unique album covers out there. Just Googling "cool album covers" brings up thousands of artists to browse from. Choosing an album cover or even coming up with an idea for one seems like it would be hard, but artist influence their album cover off of what the album is like. If it is a slow moving album, then it probably won't have bright colors and glitter everywhere. Albums like Ke$ha's will most likely have flashy details. I enjoy looking at the album cover because it is exactly like the cover of a book, you can get an idea of what the album will be like, but you still have to listen to it to fully understand why the artist chose that cover. The cover of an album shows the creativity level of the artist because it is considered art.

2 comments:

  1. You picked some awesome bands and album covers. Good work! I have always loved The Beatles cover because the concept is so simple, four men walking across a crosswalk, but that cover is so frequently imitated and shared with people.
    What is your favorite album cover of all time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sorry I haven't been returning comments, every time I try to respond it wont let me and erases my comment. I don't think I have a favorite album cover, mainly because I get different emotions from different album covers.

      Delete